Panic attacks can be terrifying. The body goes into the same state as it would if there was a predator about to attack. What makes panic attacks more even more frightening is the fact that there is no threat. Feeling as if your life is in danger but not knowing where or what that danger is makes the experience all the more terrifying. Unfortunately, even though you may consciously know there is no real danger, the body remains in that emergency state since the conscious mind is over-ridden by the fight or flight response.
The good news is: there is a simple, fast way to get rid of panic attacks. In fact, this technique will help you to not only clear a panic attack in the moment, but to prevent them from happening in the future.
How to use FasterEFT to Clear a Panic Attack
You can use this technique in the moment; but you can also use it when you are not having a panic attack in order to prevent them from happening again.
Firstly, when do the panic attacks usually seem to occur? Are they triggered by any particular experience, location or other stimulus? If so, imagine you are there, and feel the start of the panic attack. If you don’t know what triggers them, just remember one you had recently.
As you start to feel the feeling of the panic attack, notice what it feels like and where in your body you feel the sensations. Notice how strong the feelings are, and notice any thoughts or memories that come up. Just notice. Noticing is the aiming.
Using two fingers, tap gently on the following points while focusing on the feeling of your fingertips on your skin, and say the phrases. Note: The general gist of the phrases is “let it go” and “it’s safe to let it go” – so you do not need to say the exact phrases.
– Between your eyebrows – “I release and let it go”
– Beside your eye (it doesn’t matter which one) – “Let it go”
– Under your eye – “It’s safe to let it go”
– Just below your collarbone – “I’m safe as I’m letting it go now”
Grab your wrist; take a deep breath and say “Peace” then think of a happy, peaceful memory. Feel the feeling of that memory for a moment.
Now, go back and notice how the feeling of the panic attack has changed. Notice what’s different and what is left, and then repeat Steps Two to Four until the feeling has completely gone and you are feeling totally calm and peaceful.
Tips for Success:
* It is important to keep going until the feeling has completely changed. If you stop before this happens, it may come back. You need to change it completely before stopping.
* The next time you think of a panic attack, tap out any feelings that come up. Do not let the feeling develop – tap as soon as there’s any indication of a possible panic attack. The quicker you catch it, the better.
* You may find that other thoughts, feelings and some memories come up for you while you are going through this process. If they do, address them with the FasterEFT Techniquetoo. The fact that they are coming up means they are somehow connected in your subconscious, even though you may not see a connection. Tap on them anyway.
Watch Robert G. Smith, the creator of FasterEFT using the technique on others: