fbpx

FasterEFT business

Home Forums FasterEFT FasterEFT Certification Training FasterEFT business

This topic contains 27 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Ed Schicatano 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Joy W. Pan
    Participant

Years
    ago, a well-meaning mentor of mine was kind to remind me about “cultivation”.
    As I recalled on her discern on accuracy, speed, productivities, and even
    qualities. It is not until many years later that I realized how impatient that
    I have been with myself. There are many areas in the life-skill sets require
    good timing, and good deals of patients. 

Carl Dourish
    Participant

sounds interesting. How does it work?”

“Well, lets say fear of dogs. I had a boy come to see me who was shaking in panic whenever he would be near a dog. After two sessions, he was hugging dogs!”

But, how does it work?” The whole ideal behind fasterEFT is that you can explain to people 'how' it works. You haven't explained 'how' it works…

You also mention “Are beliefs necessary or not. What if I don't believe that everything I ever experienced is stored in my unconscious memory.”

Is that not a belief in operation…:what if I don't believe?” 

What is a belief..You must have proofs and emotions to support it…

Carl..x

Rachel Geller
    Participant

carldourish said:

sounds interesting. How does it work?”

“Well, lets say fear of dogs. I had a boy come to see me who was shaking in panic whenever he would be near a dog. After two sessions, he was hugging dogs!”

But, how does it work?” The whole ideal behind fasterEFT is that you can explain to people 'how' it works. You haven't explained 'how' it works…

—hey that's not the “whole idea” behind Faster EFT. I think people believe when they trust the person telling them. The logic is what convinces you, the trust in yourself is what convinces them.

You also mention “Are beliefs necessary or not. What if I don't believe that everything I ever experienced is stored in my unconscious memory.”

Is that not a belief in operation…:what if I don't believe?” 

What is a belief..You must have proofs and emotions to support it…

– you're right, that makes total sense. It is a belief, or maybe an unbelief!!

Carl Dourish
    Participant

FasterEFT is so successful because we can explain the mind/body connection in a logical way. I had been doing EFT since 2002 and you really couldn’t explain how it worked, other than the old screw driver description. Putting it in a T.V. and moving it around causing a disruption…

The first part of the training in fasterEFT is Robert teaching for the first 2 days is the ‘how’ it works. It’s important to Robert that people understand this part. That’s why he offers re-takes of different levels. Not everyone gets it first time.

Carl…x

Rachel Geller
    Participant

What if I have an unbelief about meridians being connected to organs and tapping on them affecting said organs.

Carl Dourish
    Participant

unbelief, disbelief, underlining belief…It's still a belief isn't it. That you cannot deny. 

meridian points have been studied for thousands of Years. Medical Doctors and scientists have talked about the fight/flight response for decades. the organs produce chemicals and electrical impulses.

The meridian system is like the communication highway to the organs, which produce the feelings.

Tapping on the meridians disrupts the electrical/chemical system. Breaking the emotional connection by working within the mind/body system. Tapping disrupts stored emotions. It changes perception.

Please research Pierre De Vernejoul. In 1995 he provided evidence that the meridian system does exist. Him & his Team injected non-harmful radioactive technetium 99m into the arms and legs of human volunteers.  They injected into the points commonly used in acupuncture. Then they used gamma camera imaging to track the flow of injected substance. 

They found that the substance travelled specifically along the meridian pathways that the Chinese had discovered thousands of years ago.

When the substance was injected randomly, elsewhere in the body. It did not move along any specific internal pathways.

Carl..x

Ruth Gandy
    Participant

Hi guys

Can I just ask do you have to understand all of this for it to work? I get a bit lost with the whys and how but I know it works and I tap alot! I just about get the unconscious mind, I tried to read the power of now many years ago but gave up, obviously Im not a therapist or training to be one, but i do prefer simple explanations not indepth, maybe thats me, I don't have the patience to sit and absorp it all, I tend to skim read, maybe thats an area to tap on lol xxxx

Rachel Geller
    Participant

Carl,

Robert often says “what's now is real”. I extrapolate that to me, that which I can personally experience and trust is real. If I see someone as mean, then that's real and if I see them as having a green nose then that's real. Obviously the goal is to stop imagining meanness and greenness all around you, but the process is sometimes to do that, the perceiving meanness to survive and greenness in order to balance out a previous perception.

All medical prescriptions, and all meridian systems, require belief in something outside of you, that you try it, experience it, and see if it makes a positive difference for you (and perhaps it will get worse before it gets better). They need you to trust something that is NOT yet real for you. The green nose falls into that category too – I feel all bad about something, and I have this snippet of memory that if I make that person's nose green it won't feel so bad, I take it on trust, I 'experience' it, and hey presto, I do feel better.

I happen to think Faster EFT is superb, the results are much much faster than most (but not all) things a doctor would give you. It's a much simpler routine, and much more versatile, and you can do it all without even believing in doctors, or without even trying the tapping, eg picture swishing.

But what you do need to do is to step outside your current “reality” for a little while. Whether you follow along with Robert's voice or from your personal interpretation of what he said that's been stored as a snippet in your memory. You “Make real” something that was otherwise dormant. That is the power of Faster EFT and all the other similar techniques. I think Faster EFT is better than most of the others, because it's very very standardized – feel the feelings, tap them down, bring in a better option. And that's because Robert believes that all “problems” are a positive creation of the mind and also because he believes that what you complain about others you usually have within you too. These are very powerful underlying concepts.

But when you “have” a problem, you are obviously not letting these run in the background of your mind. You have to fish'em out from somewhere. That's what I mean by a belief. You could believe your doctor, and he is actually likely to be right on many things, but he may consider some of your complaints, like CFS, trivial, and not help you much. You may believe your therapist and he too is likely to be right on many things – except perhaps when you've triggered him. You may believe Pierre de Vernejoul's experiment happened and proves all of meridian theory, but it may never have happened, and even if it did, it doesn't prove much of meridian theory. You may believe that you are creating all your problems, and I recommend you to do that. You might try tapping and saying “I let it go” even when you don't yet believe that. You may just deep breath, although you don't feel like it.

The only thing I had a problem with was saying that Faster EFT doesn't require any beliefs. If the individual you are trying to “convert” is suffering from a problem, they probably believe their problem is real and that someone outside them in the world is the cause of it. Hence any solution will involve them taking a “leap of faith”, and trying on a belief, before it feels real.

I'm glad Faster EFT doesn't require me to believe the TV set analogy, or any other beliefs that are not internally verifiable about how problems get made and seem real. I still think it does and always will require “beliefs” to get out of a problem state. I also think that a practitioner like Robert or you or I require an even higher level confidence in how problems get “made” and how easy it is to solve them, in order to convince clients, because a popular problem people have is putting their trust only in those with a medical license, therapist degree, and medical research backing, or what they've been convinced is “scientific” – whether these have proven helpful or not. I'm probably aligned with some of these problems to some degree, or I wouldn't worry about it so much, so I'll tap on it. Obviously, I'm glad there are medical centers available when they are needed.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've always tried to convince people to try EFT and Faster EFT by giving them an experience of it. I wonder if I should try the logical approach too.

Jamie Edkins
    Participant

I personally think we should leave this forum for the business side & move to another thread.

On another note, we aren Not trying to “convert” anybody. From my perspective we are not there to argure or convert anybody, we are simply there to offer our assistance. If anybody turns round to me and says “I don't beleive in all that tapping nonsense”, I would ask them questions to assertain how they came to that conclusion rather than feel like they've just disrespected my beleif system. Look as Socrates & how he would question people to see if they realy had though about their answers to the questions.

Example:

You: What makes you think tapping is nonsense?

Them: Well how can somthing that simple resolve an issue that the phyciatrists at the hospital said there is no cure for & i'll be on tablets for the rest of my life. I just don't beleve it.

You: Well there are many different ways to approach a problem but from my experience, this is the fastest, easyest & most effective that I have ever seen. One question to ask yourself is, do the phyciatrists know what they know because they have haven't found other ways or because they've never looked & are just following the system?

It's their choice. You have personal first hand knowledge that it works. Do they? If they don't then they are only working from a beleif system that doesn;t allow them to look elsewhere to find answers & maybe they don't want an answer at the moment.

Carl Dourish
    Participant

Dear Rachel,

I merely demo'ed a technique called pick, poke and provoke and you did it beautifully…

You stated in this topic..”Here's a conversation I had today, which I'm really proud of. (O.K. pick it to pieces if you wish to)

I really didn't pick it to pieces, just highlighted some ideas. Yet your internal thoughts, allowed you to feel the disbelief that one as done that and now you need to defend your beliefs and ideas.

Tap, tap, tap…Sometimes we ask for something, yet when it happens we don't wish to change.

Carl…x

I think you guys are talking about belief in two ways.  I don't have to believe in prayer for it to work.  In fact, sometimes the person being prayed for doesn't even know it and they still derive benefits.  The other form of belief would the kind that says you have to be a convert.  If a person is really skepitcal about EFT then it is not for them.  If they seem slightly interested then I would say “let me show you a game that will release some stress in your life.”  Then we would knock out a low level stressor.  Please get permission before you play the EFT game with someone.  Some people run like heck when they hear the word therapy, but games are fun to play. 

Enoch

Carl Dourish
    Participant

It’s all good ladies & gentlemen.

I’m here to learn and express my own inner thoughts. I never use the word ‘therapy’ unless the client asks for it. I just ask would you like to ‘change’ the word ‘game’ I do use when working with children.

Carl..x

Ed Schicatano
    Participant

I just want to echo something that Carla said earlier in this thread.  When looking for a niche, find something that is important to you.  

Or consider this question “who do you want to work with”?     It's easy for us to say, “wow, I have this technique that can help most people, I'd like to you use to help everyone”.   But we must be clear about who we really can see ourselves being with.   I know that I wasn't in the beginning.   I was so into the techniques that I knew, that I just wanted to use them.

Now I'm finally starting to focus more.Cool

Ed

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.