June 27, 2014 at 6:02 am #23748
Spending the first minutes of your day writing down a list of 10 things you are grateful for and writing why you’re grateful for them in the same sentence, then reading them aloud will program you for the day with the powerful trance of gratitude that will carry you far in life.
When I first began doing my list first thing in the morning and last thing before sleep, something I immediately saw a difference was not only in my feeling but in the way people treated me during my day. The people I interacted with during my day became much more smiling and friendly in their interactions me than ever before, which I thought was bizarre.
Then in addition to that, I also write down a list of at least 15 things that have gone well for me, like things I’ve accomplished etc.
I formulate it like, ‘
1. Enjoyed learning to meditate. Joy
2. Enjoyed living in Spain. Joy
3. Enjoyed learning FasterEFT. Joy
Doing this list fills you up with a sense of having already accomplished much, which is a state that will attract more events and circumstances that will reflect that state.
Moreover, one thing that you can do throughout your day, that fills you up and builds that valuable state that we desire to create and maintain is to simply say ‘Thank you.’ for yourself throughout your day, repeatedly. I’ve noticed that it has more or less the same effect on personality as the so-called progress-journal (explained above) has. Don’t worry if you don’t FEEL very strong emotions of joy or gratitude or whatever as you do this exercise, it will have its effect on you and your life anyway.
Furthermore, another thing I learned to do while tapping is that by always using reliable trance-breakers before I tap, and after I’ve aimed will ensure that my problems will disappear very quickly. Now, as explained, if not in the ‘Aiming’ post then in the ‘Trance-breaker’ post, when you’ve aimed you want to do these trance-breakers.
1. See an imaginary shelf with strong enough planes to carry your issues. In your mind, you put the trance you’ve just stepped into and aimed at on the shelf.
2. THIS IS AN IMPORTANT ONE. Create a positive, feel-good anchor. After You’ve put the trance on the shelf, your press that anchor and mentally say ‘Feel the positive feelings in my body.’ and you feel how good it feels.
3. If you are doing the Quick Tap, which is my favourite and prefered method, then do the tree metaphor in your mind right before tapping.
You would say ‘If you had a tree in front of you, and if I pull the roots out, what happens to the tree? It dies’.
4. OPEN EYES as you tap. This is another trance-breaker.
5. Remember, it may sound like a lot of trance-breakers, but we want to use every resource to take ourselves out of the trances and shorten the process of change as much as we possibly can.
Wofs.comJune 27, 2014 at 2:48 pm #23749
I realized today, through a video posted on Youtube by Brian Tracy titled Attitude of Gratitude, that just by saying ‘Thank you’ to yourself over and over again throughout your day, will generate and create the same state, thus the same effects that writing down the list explained above does.
Because each time that you do this, you are affirming a state of having plenty, which of course, WILL and MUST produce more things in our actions, reactions, choices, performance and results, that reflect that emotional state.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.