fbpx

HELP, Please

Home Forums FasterEFT General FasterEFT Questions HELP, Please

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sue Basler 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Sue Basler
    Participant

I bought the “Create the life you have always wanted” starter course a while ago and watch and listen to it just about every day but, aside from doing some tapping in the moment I am not going much further, so decided to knuckle down and start my list (something I have done many times before for normal EFT Practitioners and the couple of FasterEFT Practitioners I have worked with). So, I have my lists – several of them. Aside from one huge trama 30 years ago I do not have any massive traumas, just a general sense of fear and trepidation that has been with me ever since I was small. I have lots of little memories, some more emotionally charged than others, so WHERE DO I START?
    This morning I am sitting here at my desk with a new lot of blank pages to do my ‘lists’. I am writing down what I recall and all the time wondering where I should start, but at the same time suddenly realised that I have this sense of anxiety/fear perculating through me. The next thought is the urgency to tap on something, but what. I don’t want to keep putting out little fires, I want to find the one with the matches (as Robert said it the other day on the Beliefs Webinar).
    So what do I do? Do I tap for the fear that is creeping up on me slowly, or do I push that aside and continue writing my list, which is not easy because I am being distracted by the fear. Grrrr.

Zsolt Szakács
    Participant

Hi Sue,

When working on memories on your list, it’s a good idea to start with the earliest and/or the strongest one. However, if the fear is really distracting, feel free to tap on the fear until you can focus on the memories.

I hope that helps.

——–
    Zsolt Szakács FasterEFT/Eutaptics practitioner
    bestressfreefast.com

Sue Basler
    Participant

Thank you Zsolt. I will do that and keep the post updated 🙂

Sue Basler
    Participant

I have been doing my list, which actually has turned into a sort of ‘story of my life’ type thing. Every now and then I hit something that is emotionally laden and jot that down in a notebook as one of the things to work on.
    This morning I have been working on my ‘story’ and came across a memory with a lot of emotion, which is possibly worsened by memories that I had just been noting down just before this one. Any way, I decided to go in there and work on this memory, starting off at the beginning. I have been tapping for about half an hour now but the memory is just not changing. Is it possible that it is because I know what’s still to come or is it that part of me does not want to change this memory even though consciously I do want to?

Zsolt Szakács
    Participant

Both are entirely possible. You can ask yourself if you have any beliefs about that memory (such as “it’s not safe to go there,” “I can never let it go” etc.), notice how you know and address it.

——–
    Zsolt Szakács FasterEFT/Eutaptics practitioner
    bestressfreefast.com

Sue Basler
    Participant

It is safe to go there. It was not such a big deal but seemed to epitomise my life in a way – the subservient one; you have to tow the line with your husband; your husband is the authority, etc., so when I go back to it I am angry and angry with all the other times I felt undermined, unheard, undeserving, etc.
    I did try to do the ‘putting memories on the shelf’ thing which made the anger, etc. feel less, but it did not change/flip and that is what I am looking for. I also tried doing Steve Wells’s IEP – “I release all my emotional attachments to _____”. That was quite pleasant to do and I felt a little lighter after that but still no flip. Maybe I need to go to other similar memories before and after and work on those (and hopefully get some flipping going on 😉 ) and then go back to this one. I also feel I need to forgive myself for buying into the belief that I should be subservient, tow the line, see my husband as being the one who has the say. I am much less subservient now and he now knows that I will not tolerate or accept being put 2nd or put down.
    Thank you Zsolt 🙂

Participant

Hi Sue, I have not been on here in quite some time but after reading your thread I thought of a question you might ask when you are stuck….
    What does the Life you always wanted to create look like???
    How does it make you feel? Can you see it? Visualize it! Smell it, taste it, touch it…. Can you hear an exchange of dialogue in this life you want create for yourself?
    Do people put you down or treat you in a negative way in the Life you wish to create? No they do not!
    Tap on what feelings Come up In the contrast between the Life you will create and your life now…
    Remember
    You are doing everything perfectly based on your past experiences…Tap Release and let go of what no longer serves you…Tap on the fear of change while you focus on creating new exciting pathways to the Life you want!!!!
    Oh one more thing….LOVE LOVE LOVE YOURSELF
    You are second to no one😘

Sue Basler
    Participant

Thank you. I will try that. I did something similar when I did the EFT Matrix Reimprinting course in 2011 but did not manage to get my teeth into it because it seemed so impossible.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.