fbpx

Letting go of old love …

Home Forums FasterEFT Relationships Letting go of old love …

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Elana Michelson 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Participant

Hi guys.
    I’ve never been good at letting go of old love whether it be actual girlfriends or ‘just’ flames. Some years ago I fell in love with a girl who fell in love with me too. Only problem was she had a boyfriend. We flirted, kissed, made out, went to second base without ever sleeping together. She kept telling me how she was so in love with me, without ever take the consequence and leaving her boyfriend for me. She almost did – she said she would – but she never did. I never found out why. This left me with unrequited love, frustration, anger and a lot of sadness which I’ve never been able to shake.
    It’s not the first time I’ve been out of luck with women. In fact I’ve only had one real girlfriend. That was when I was 18, I’m now 34. Even though I loved her I ruined the relationship. I don’t know why, and it took me years to let it go. It seems I sabotage my relationships.
    Through therapy I’ve learned that my father leaving me and cutting off all contact with me when I was about 5 or six has had tremendous impact on my adult life. It has given me the idea that I’m not worth loving, and if someone loves me I will ruin it myself so that they leave me. Or I will fall in love with girls who will surely hurt me.
    How can I dissolve this pattern and these emotions connected to my father’s leaving? Will that better my relationship to women? Can EFT help me?

I hope you will help me.

Kindly,

Jacob

Elana Michelson
    Participant

Faster EFT can definitely help.

You need to go back to those memories and remove all the emotional charge from them, And then flip the memory so that it leaves you with a good feeling. (even if its imagining your father telling you how much he loved you or you sending your younger self the love he needs). Your subconscious mind can't tell the difference between what really happened and what is made up) and in any case right now it is all just in your mind. You aren't 5 yrs old anymore. The memory in your mind is based on your perception as a 5 yr old.  You have the power to change it and create a better life for yourself.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.