fbpx

Neuroscience research supports Robert’s “changing memories” process

Home Forums FasterEFT General FasterEFT Questions Neuroscience research supports Robert’s “changing memories” process

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robert G. Smith 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ed Schicatano
    Participant

Hi everyone,

As a Neuroscientist, I am always excited when successful therapeutic interventions fit with research in the field.    When Robert Smith helps clients change memories, it probably is hard for some to  believe.  But in the last 3 years, research has shown us that we are capable of changing past memories (and the emotions supporting these memories).  In Neuroscience, we call this process “reconsolidation”. 

There was a study with patients who had PTSD.  These patients were given Propanolol (a drug that slows down heartbeat and feedback to the brain).   When asked to recall their painful traumas, patients who were given this drug had difficulties re-experiencing the negative emotion.   As they continued, the negative emotion dwindled.    From what I've seen with my clients (and of course Robert's)  tapping has a similar effect (but is safer an cheaper).   It all makes sense.   Change the feedback to the brain as we go in and recall a neg memory, and you change the memory, i.e., you establish a NEW neuroassociation.     

Robert's explanation of how tapping works is sheer genius, and has completely convinced me of what is really happening in the brain.

The science is there folks.   As Richard Bandler often says, we're making changes at the Neurosynaptic level.  

Peace. 

Ed

Robert G. Smith
    Keymaster

Good Job ED!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.