fbpx

Private sessions on Skype – Without video

Home Forums FasterEFT General FasterEFT Questions Private sessions on Skype – Without video

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Tanith Lambi 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Tanith Lambi
    Participant

Hi again everyone,

I recently had my first private session with Adhom Smith, and wanted to ask, how come the practitioners turn off their cameras when they are doing the session? I know Robert does this as well, so I can only come to the conclusion that there is some method to this happening, but Im not sure what it is. Personally it made me feel distant from Adhom, as if the connection weren't complete so to speak. It also made me feel that perhaps his full attention might not of been on our session, although I feel that we did cover quite a bit of a specific topic when we addressed it yesterday. 

This is not a complaint post, just a curious question as to why the practitioners choose to not be visible on camera while exercising their practice. One would think someone with trust issues would find this intimidating, or maybe I'm just being silly? 

Katalin Dávid
    Participant

Hi, Bobolouli,Smile

The reason is, that the practitioner wants you concentrate on yourself, on your issues, and not on your practitioner. So you can let go of things faster, if you are more associated with your inner happenings.

If you find it disturbing, try to tap on it.

Best wishes,

Alison Blake
    Participant

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone has used an iPad for Skype sessions, the first version which does not have a Skype camera built in? There is a skype app that I’ve downloaded and I’d like to know if it’s reliable for a two hour session.

Thanks 🙂

Carla Groot
    Participant

Hi Bobolouli,

Not every practitioner turns off the camera on skype. I have never experienced it.

If it makes you feel uncomfortable you can

bring this up as something you don't feel okay about.

Talk about it at least. Get the charge off it.

Or, like Kati suggested, tap on it.

I like to see the person who talkes with me also.

As if we are together. I can imagine you want to see the person you work with.

So do I. Just talk about it.

Carla

Tanith Lambi
    Participant

Thanks Karla 🙂 I will bring this up for my next session. 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.