fbpx

Social anxiety….

Home Forums FasterEFT PTSD, Trauma & Anxiety Social anxiety….

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by   5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Participant

Okay, so I have had this problem since I was in 10th grade and I’m now a sophomore in college. I was shy in 10th grade and didn’t notice much anxiety until I started smoking weed. Anyways, I’m not really sure how to explain my experiences. I am pretty outgoing but I just have this crippling self doubt behind my ego. I felt like I was doing much better at school this year, and now I feel mentally foggy and I feel nervous when I first enter places where I have to order or buy something. I feel pretty comfortable unless I have to make eye contact while talking or while someone else it talking. I go into this trance and I can’t get out of it. I used to get like panic attacks from eye contact and they went away this school year for the most part and now they’re back. I just feel uncomfortable making eye contact. I have tapped eft style since last year and started faster eft about 6 months ago. I hve tried tapping in the moment, tapping afterwards, aiming, and memories and I feel hopeless (and I have tapped on the hopelessness). I am a good looking kid and have had a lot of success in sports and I have big dreams but I can’t get rid of this damn anxiety. Any help?

Sarah Cochran
    Participant

Stare into the face of danger, make eye contact with yourself. Feel the exposure of having your soul seen and examined. Then imagine any and everyone else seeing…you.

Tap on all the discomforts.

PS: if you don’t like what you see, change it.

Participant

Hi- Have you looked at any negative memories associated with teachers/authority figures from school? One of my practitioner noticed that there is a correlation between memories associated with a strict teacher and avoiding eye contact etc- good tapping!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.